Questions? Chat Now / Send Email

Request email notification when page changes Email Notify - Click on the envelope icon to receive e-mail notifications when this page has been updated.


The Streets Division of the Department of Public Services coordinates the maintenance of more than 90 miles of major and local streets, including snow/ice removal, leaf pickup, patching, sweeping, and catch basin cleaning. 
Reporting a Pothole
Notify DPS at 248.530.1700 of any hazardous conditions on any city-maintained roadways and sidewalks.

For hazards on Woodward Avenue, Big Beaver or Cranbrook, contact the Road Commission for Oakland County directly via phone (toll free) at 877.858.4804 or through the Road Commission’s Website, (click on the “contact us” button). 

2017 Cape Seal Program
The Department of Public Services maintains nearly 26 miles of unimproved roadways through cape seal surface treatment. The next round of seal application is scheduled to begin no later than September 1, 2017 and is expected to be completed by October. This phase of the 2017 project includes:

RADNOR | Maple to Berwyn 
BERWYN | Midvale to Avon
WESTCHESTER | Lincoln to Maple
LARCHLEA | Lincoln to Maple 
AVON | Radnor to S. Glenhurst
BRYN MAWR | Cranbrook to Radnor
PURITAN | Maple to Pine
WILLOW LANE | Midland to Raynale
FAIRFAX | Raynale to Suffield

The treatment will include a double layer of chip seal and a slurry microsurface, with some streets requiring surface pulverization prior application. Sidewalk crossing ramps in project areas will be upgraded to meet ADA requirements, where applicable.

For more information about cape seal, including information about its limitations, please view the following:

Cape Seal - Frequently Asked Questions

Understanding Improved and Unimproved Roads

2017 Public Hearing Notice

For information about the improved street petitioning process, please view:

Improved Street Petition Process

VIDEOS | The Cape Seal Process:

For more information, contact the Department of Public Services at 248-530-1700. 

Reporting a Street Light Outage
DTE Energy has an online reporting tool that makes it easy to get your street light working again! For residential and businesses customers, you can report outages using the online reporting tools at: Residential online reporting tool and Business online reporting tool.     

Things to remember:
  • Please provide as much information as possible (type of pole, exact location of pole, pole number).
  • Remember to update contact information in case we need more information.       
  • Normal repair time is 3-5 business days, with underground cable issues and pole replacements taking longer.       
  • Keep your neighborhood well-lit and safe by reporting street lights that are out. For more information, contact DTE Energy at 800.477.4747.