BS&A Online Inspection Requests
Inspections requests can be made through BS&A Online 24 hours a day.
If you do not have a BS&A Online account, use the link below to access an instructional guide or call the Building Department at (248)530-1850 for assistance.
BS&A Online Account Instructions
For existing BS&A account holders you can go directly to 'I Have an Account' to log in and schedule your inspection.
Creating an Account (Download a printable version of these instructions)
To create a user account, go to www.bsaonline.com and complete the registration process as follows:
- You will first designate a municipality on the home screen by searching and selecting Birmingham from the Municipal Directory.
- Click 'Register' located in the Account menu on the left.
- Fill out the information under the 'Create an Account' section- please note that all fields in this section are required.
- If you have entered all information completely and correctly, you will be able to click the 'Create Account' button on the bottom of the screen.
- This should produce a message confirming your registration with instructions to check your email for a verification link.
- Click the link provided to you in your email to activate your account. If the email does not appear within a few minutes, check your junk or spam folder.
- Clicking the activation link in your email should produce an account activation screen where you will be able to log in.
- You will have to obtain a pin from the City or call the Building Department to link your account with The City of Birmingham.
- You now have an account with BS&A Online and can apply for permits, schedule inspections or track the progress of your projects 24 hours a day!
Our Inspectors are generally in the office and available for scheduling questions and requests between
8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.