Print this page
To be eligible for hire by the Birmingham Police Department, external candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Complete and submit City of Birmingham employment application.
- Possession of an Associate Degree in Police Administration, Law Enforcement, or Police Service; or a B.A. or B.S. in any course of study from a recognized college or university.
- Successful completion of the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards pre-employment written and physical skills test with current valid results.
- Physical condition appropriate for the position with vision correctable to 20/20 in both eyes.
- Residency within the State of Michigan.
- Possession of a valid Michigan Operator's license with a good driving record.
- No record of criminal conviction.