Updated: Sep 9, 2021
Print this page
If your outdoor café does not meet any of the listed provisions, you must seek Planning Board site plan approval where necessary. All applications can be obtained from the Community Development Department.
Conditions for ALL outdoor cafes (see Planning Department for complete regulations):
- Refuse containers must be provided and serviced
- Outdoor café operations must end at the close of business, or by 10pm when adjacent to any Single-family or multiple family residential district
- All outdoor furniture must be primarily wood, metal or material of comparable quality
- Table umbrellas must be reviewed by the Planning Board.
Conditions for outdoor cafes on public property (see Planning Department for complete regulations):
- Comply with the above-listed requirements
- A license is required
- An unobstructed sidewalk width of 5 ft. must be maintained
- No permanent features are permitted to be installed/erected
- No alcoholic beverages permitted in the public right-of-way
Ordinance: Outdoor cafes permitted as an accessory use to a business serving food and drink, subject to certain conditions
For more information, please contact Nick Dupuis, Planning Director at 248.530.1850.