Updated: Sep 9, 2021
Print this page
Guidelines for Residential Parking Permit Requests
The City Commission has established the following prerequisites governing requests for permit parking in the residential areas:
- Requests shall be by petition submitted to the City Commission and signed by the residential and non-residential non-conforming occupants of the area of consideration.
- At least 75% of the addresses in the area of consideration must favor the request.
- Regardless of the number of signatures per address, each address shall have only one "vote".
- Permit parking requests shall apply to residential areas only.
- Non-residential non-conforming businesses in the residential area petitioning for permit parking shall be included in any subsequent permit parking district
- Each non-residential non-conforming address shall count as one vote regardless of the number of signatures for that address.
- The area of consideration for permit parking must consist of at least one city block on at least one side of the street, except where a portion of the street is zoned non-residential, that portion shall not be included.
- The area of consideration for permit parking must be located in close proximity to a major commercial, industrial or school area where the City Commission determines that the spill-over parking is or may be detrimental to the neighborhood.
- Residential permit parking shall not be permitted on a street or side of a street where municipal parking meters exist.
- The City Commission may refer the request to the Multi-Modal Board for a recommendation.
For special parking requests call 248.530.1870.