Print this page
Zoning Ordinance Section 4.77(3)
3. Garage, yard and estate sales or auctions
- Sales are allowed for a period not to exceed 3 consecutive days.
- No more than 2 sales are permitted from the same residence in any 12-month period.
- A temporary use permit is not required for a sale, provided they are conducted by the property owner.
- All signs for sales are regulated by Section 7.27(B)(5).
- Sales conducted by professional auctioneers or other on-site household liquidation specialists shall be licensed by the City Clerk, in conjunction with Chapter 26 of the Birmingham City Code.
For further information about auctions and estate sales, contact the Clerk's Office at 248.530.1880.
For questions regarding signage, please contact the Planning Department at 248.530.1850.